YouTube Fanfest Manila

June 26, 2015  This was the day when Youtube Fanfest was held in the Philippines. I still can't get over the fact that I actually...


June 26, 2015 

This was the day when Youtube Fanfest was held in the Philippines. I still can't get over the fact that I actually laid eyes on the people who I thought I would just see from my iPhone screen. The event was held at the Marriott Hotel Grand Ballroom, I'm actually really surprised we were able to fit because the tickets were actually free. Moving on to my experience, I'll have to admit there were a lot of crazy moments.

Going to the event was alright but as soon as I entered the lobby, my best friend April and I were completely lost and didn't know where to register so we decided to follow where the crowd went and see if it'll lead us to the registration booth. From there, we met up with our friends, Abby and Angel, and tried to find our way. Thankfully, I had the number of the head of Cornetto Selecta so she could help us with registering. Cornetto was actually one of the minor sponsors of YTFF, and I'd like to thank them because they were actually the ones who provided us the tickets and also a huge thank you to Ms. Katrina Tiu for helping us around! 



When we lined up, we met up with my cousin, Gabbi, and her best friend, Deedee. They were already in line so all we had to do was wait. Now here were the cons. The waiting and the line was completely unorganised because the so-called "lines" turned into a big group of people jumbled up. It was so overwhelming to the point where people were running up the escalator to where the actual event was! There was a stampede as we were entering the venue and the crowd kept pushing at all directions all at once. I was  quite stressed out, also because April had to be lifted by one of the ushers and out of the venue because she is claustrophobic. A lot of people, my friends and I included, helped some of the people who weren't feeling well get to the ushers.

There were opening performances and once everyone was relaxed with the help of the hosts, Caspar, Joe and Oli popped out of nowhere!! Caspar did the stick-o challenge  to see how many stick-o's could fit in his mouth. Finally, the most awaited (for me) was when Bethany came out onstage!! When my eyes laid on her and all I could do was cry, even my friends thought I was absolutely crazy, Beth had a chat with the audience and showed us a video on her trip to Intramuros with Apl De Ap. Then she had to go backstage for her performance on her cover "Flashlight" by Jessie J. Sadly, I wasn't able to reach her performance because I had to leave early but at least I got to meet her dad (Daddy Mota woohoo haha!) and the crazy night was over, April and I were on our way home. 



#YTFFMNL2016? 
I am so ready for you.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. You're so lucky to see her!!! Huhuhu, I wish i was there too ;((

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still lucky tho.. Ugh. Unfortunately, we have classes that time and I can't make absences coz I find it hard to cope withthe lessons. Woooo I guess better luck next time for me. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky! I wish I was there huhu. I am a big fan of you! You inspired me alot and that is why I started blogging! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaaahhhh!!! I also love beth but its too late when we knew that the fan fest will be in manila.. I also love you blog tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. waaaahhhh!!! I also love beth but its too late when we knew that the fan fest will be in manila.. I also love you blog tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. waaaahhhh!!! I also love beth but its too late when we knew that the fan fest will be in manila.. I also love you blog tho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cassy,what do you use To take pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oww !! So nice ! Keep it well cassy !! ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky! Btw, have you seen my bae (Ranz kyle member of the group Chicser) there? He's also one of the challenger of Stick-o challenge 😂

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images